Friday, October 31, 2008

Reply to SM

First off I would like to apologize or offer an explanation for my previous post. It wasn’t my own creation, but rather a cut/paste job from one of the members of our face book group. I was experiencing writers-blank and couldn’t think of anything to post, so I chose to use this rather just leave the blog empty another few months. The author of that piece is also a very close friend, so I meant it as a compliment that I was posting ‘her’ creation.

However, it was brought to my attention that this post strayed from the original goals and objective I set for this blog. Im sorry that SheidelMaidel was offended. It wasn’t my intention, and for that I ask mehila from SM and anyone who was upset by the post.

One of the currrent reasons for this blog and the Facebook group associated with it is to, provide an outlet to frum men who are attracted to crossdressing or female-role-playing in any capacity. We can argue cows come home about the halachic ramifications of that. The bottom-line is we all have nesoynos. Whether, it is znus, or loshon hora, or failing to keep the laws of bain adom l’chaveiro to the fullest. Or even wasting time on the internet instead of sitting with a Gammarra. At the end of the day, I feel it is infinitely better to have a site that caters to other yidden, and endeavors to keep the pritzus out, rather then go to the myriad of Goyishe CD and Tranny sites that are open sewers of frightening magnitudes.

Someone I was recently chatting with, related to me, that one month on the day his wife was scheduled to go to the mikva, there was a stain, necessitating the waiting of another 7 days. He claims that, by dressing once or twice a day he was able to get over this disappointment and setback. I’m not a poisek , so I cant comment on this halachically. But I would like to point out, that in the real world that I live in, many guys that are in that situation will be tempted and occasionally do go to bad places and commit sins far worse then cross-dressing in the privacy of one’s own home. Because, hopefully we all strive to keep the Torah, but we are only flesh and blood, not melochim.

To be honest, in the outset, I merely read Aviva’s post on CalmKahhahs, and found his stories amusing and entertaining. When he wanted to delete his blog, I offered to take it over , because I liked them so much. At the time, I viewed it as a joke . Somewhere along the way the blog became a lot more serious and developed into a Facebook group. It was there that I surprised the most, in a very positive way.

All the guys I met thru this group turned out to very caring, supportive and sensitive. Much more so, then most of the guys I know from Yeshiva , business, and the shuls I frequent. By the same token , when are in ‘girl’ mode, they possess far greater depth , and are considerably less shallow and superficial then the frum women that I have corresponded with online, or the vast majority of Yeshivish women that my wife has been exposed to.

Just thought I would express my thoughts

7 comments:

Devory said...

I agreet with all of what you write on this entire post, and thank you for publishing the previous entry which is what you got from me. I hope it was helpful to those in our situation who planned to go to the mall as girls.

phylisanne said...

being jewish and orthodox poses its problems but we all over come them to be who we are.phylisanne

tonay melbourn said...

hi yeshevish my name is wayne melbourn can we be frands
i live in canada bc i have been a cross dreser brom birth.
send me a replay plase at wmbc_1968@msn.com

Unknown said...

Is this Facebook group still active?

ammateur said...

@ Jackie King

check your google+ settings

clicking on your "Jackie King" name reveals a different, male name which you might not want to be publicly visible

Nechama said...

nice blog, I feel I may have missed the boa :/
If anyone is out there i would be happy to chat
Yeshivishfrum at gmail.com (replace 'at' with @)


Nechama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.